Friday, August 9, 2013

Folly Beach


My husband and I drove from Greenville, South Carolina to Charleston to celebrate our anniversary.  Charleston is one of my favorite cities in the world because it provides the romance of Paris with southern gentility and hospitality, but it also is rich in Gullah culture.  Most importantly, however, it is near a ton of beaches.

I love beaches.  When I vacation, I look for a beach-y spot.  One of my summer bucket list items was to have a beach day.  While in Charleston, we decided to go to Folly Beach, which is only a 20 minute drive away.  It is an interesting place that reminds me a lot of smaller towns in Hawaii, something like Kihei.  I would love to say we spent the whole day at the beach, but we didn't.  That was our intention, but things kept getting in our way.  We eventually made it to the beach and laid in the sun while we read our kindles.  I've been reading Tina Fey's Bossypants, which is pretty good.  I do love a good comedienne-authored book.


I really enjoyed Folly Beach although you wouldn't be able to tell from the picture below.  I guess I look perturbed when I'm posing or something.  Anyway, my red tankini is from Target.  I got it on clearance for like $12.


No comments :

Post a Comment