Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Small Makeup Geek Haul

I love Marlena from Makeup Geek, especially ever since I read this article about her and her success with the brand.  I love a great story of how a businesswoman rose to the top.  Marlena recently uploaded a video on her channel informing us that 100% of the proceeds from one of her foiled eyeshadows, the color "Caitlin Rose" would be donated by the company to Batten disease efforts in honor of a friend of her family.  I decided to support and pick up the eyeshadow, along with a few others from the foiled collection.



Makeup Geek's foiled eyeshadows provide a metallic finish.  The eyeshadows are made with a liberal amount of oil to keep the texture smooth.  This hopefully won't be a problem for those who don't have naturally dry lids.

Untamed ($9.99 1.8 Grams/0.064 oz) is a bright coppery orange with warm undertones.  The foil effect on this shadow is very prominent and gorgeous.

Flame Thrower ($9.99 1.8 Grams/0.064 oz) is a warm copper color, much like a clean penny.  The foil on this shadow is also gorgeous and the pigmentation is vibrant.

Pegasus ($9.99 1.8 Grams/0.064 oz) is a bright aqua color with a silvery foiled finish.  It is quite sheer and cool toned.

Caitlin Rose ($9.99 1.8 Grams/0.064 oz) is an amethyst purple color with a blue pearlescent sheen.  It is a bit sheer and would need a bright base underneath to get the foiled effect out of it.


Generally I'm really happy with the colors I got.  Untamed and Flame Thrower, both beautiful sunset-y colors, are definitely my favorites.  I love how golden and vibrant they are.  However, Caitlin Rose and Pegasus were not as vibrant, as you can see in the swatches.  


 I'm super excited to try these out.  The colors are gorgeous.  As you can tell I'm growing my Makeup Geek eyeshadow collection.  I think I need two more to finish filling this palette.  If you have any suggestions for the next two I should buy, let me know!

1 comment :